Thursday, July 18, 2013

America's Wackiest Museums


Image from http://www.corporeality.net/museion/category/collections/page/2/

I love museums.

No seriously I do.

I actually am making a career working in museums. So I had better at least LIKE them if I'm going to keep working another 35+ years, right?

Everyone isn't like me though, and   I get it. You don't want to see 500 year old oil paintings, the same dinosaur bones, and you just don't 'get' modern or pop 'art' because you think it's silly. I understand that. But there are museums about all types of things- not just art and natural history.

Hopefully by now you've seen me go to some pretty nontraditional museums, like the Baltimore ships or the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. But just in case you don't like boats or football, I found this article listing America's "wackiest" museums. Perhaps I'll add a few of these to my journey before 2016 gets here!