Monday, July 22, 2013

20 American Places Everyone Should See (To Russia, With Love)

I am so excited about my upcoming travel: This Thursday I will be trekking into Rhode Island and Massachusetts spending two days in each. I have my hyper detailed schedules ready (seriously, I need to do an entry on how I organize these trips now), and I am (not so) patiently waiting to pack my bags and leave!

In the meantime, I found this article by Budget Travel that discusses some of America's most famous cities and landmarks. I'm sure I will be visiting many of these places within the next 3 years, but you can read about them here:

20 American Places Everyone Should See


Here are some highlights:

Las Vegas, Nevada - already planned for May 2014
image from BudgetTravel.com
Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts - I'll see this within the week
assuming I can score a tour ticket
image from BudgetTravel.com
The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California.
image from BudgetTravel.com
Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
I know I can get there on an overnight trip, perhaps in early spring next year
image from BudgetTravel.com

I logged in today, fully expecting to wax poetic upon this nifty article, when I decided to take a look at my stats. I was quite surprised to see that for the first time since I started this blog, I had more site visitors this week from a country other than the United States: Russia. I am so completely honored and excited about that! I am pretty focused on trying to finish my goal by my deadline of August 31, 2016, but I have been telling all my travel loving friends that my reward for finishing this journey is going to be a trip to Russia to see Moscow and St. Petersburg. I may have even said it here. But to know that citizens of the country I'm really kinda of pressed to visit are into my humble blog? Awesome!

(Don't be offended everywhere else. I love traveling, if you haven't figured it out by now, and I have a rather lengthy rolling list of countries and sites that I want to visit. With the exception of a few places where I would likely be kidnapped or killed because of my nationality, I'm down to visit any and everywhere!)

Thank you everyone for reading my blog. I'll be checking in on Foursquare throughout the weekend, and you can follow along by following me on Twitter. HOPEFULLY, I won't run into problems with cell phones or digital cameras dying while I'm out and about. We shall see!