Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chihuly, Chihuly, Quite Unruly- How Does Your Garden Grow?

With bright glowing colors, and imagery full of wonder, and beauty that makes you gasp "Oh!"

Forgive my punny take on the classic "Mary May Quite Contrary" nursery rhyme. The Chihuly Garden and Glass....museum? exhibition? wonder?... was one of my stops while in Seattle and has easily become one of my favorite places yet. A display of the growth through the years of world renown glass artist Dale Chihuly (say: Cha-who-lee, but smoothly), this place is simply beautiful and magical. I went at night, when the glass pieces are lit up (you can buy a pass that lets you come in once in the day and once in the evening), this was $19 well spent, and easily took up the bulk of my pictures from Washington. Other than being in constant fear I would accidentally bump into a piece and owe someone millions of dollars, I was completely amazed at the shapes, hues, and sizes Mr. Chihuly has been able to draw from his medium. There really isn't much else to say, so I will leave you with some of my many pictures taken of the art (though, they truly don't do it justice).














I have WAY more pictures than this, but you'll have to head to my Facebook page to see them! Thank you so much for following me on here, and as always, we'll see you on the next adventure!