Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Picture Perfect

When I started my blog, the only camera I had was the camera phone on my Blackberry Curve. Needless to say the photos I took were pretty craptastic, and the battery died very quickly. I soon upgraded to an iPod Touch, and later a Sony Cybershot digital camera thanks to a very generous friend of mine.

The pictures and battery life are great with this camera,
but I often got tired of lugging two expensive electronics wherever I went.

Later, nervous about carrying around too many electronics in cities I wasn't familiar with, I recorded all photos and videos with my iPhone 4S. It was easier to upload for sure, but again, battery life was something that concerned me because in addition to taking pictures, I was checking transit routes on Google Maps and live sharing my adventures via Foursquare and Twitter.

I have since gone back to this very lovely camera, and look forward to taking more awesome pictures later this month when I head to Cleveland.

However, for those of you still confident in the charge-life of your phones, I found this helpful pictorial article featuring bloggers' and photographers' tips on taking amazing pictures with your phone. I'm sure that even using a digital camera I can utilize some of the advice given. Enjoy!

Better travel pics with your smartphone