Friday, January 16, 2015

Most Popular Cuisine By State

I haven't posted since November 9th? Wow, that's ridiculous! Apologies readers! Let's just call this my winter break and move forward, shall we? :-)

I still owe you one final entry from my Labor Day weekend trip to Atlanta (I know, I know...). I'm actually headed BACK to Atlanta next week, which is how I remembered that I still hadn't posted about Sun In My Belly. I'll make it a video and post some pics. For my next foray into the "A", I have tours of CNN and Chick-Fil-A already scheduled. I really wanted to go to the Waffle House Museum, but I won't be there when it is open. Meh. I think I'll survive.

Additionally, I have a major update-- I have a car now! Yes, the Queen of Public Transportation has sold out and purchased a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV. Now, don't think this means I don't still have the skills needed to navigate my way without one! But, I do have to admit it makes the thought of completing my journey in the year and 8 months I have left more realistic and affordable (still holding out for an airline or hotel sponsor of some sort...) I have a LOT of travel planned for 2015.

That's my un-named baby! Well, the Edmunds stock image of her anyway

Anyway, let me get to the point of THIS article. I often see articles (mostly on the Huffington Post) that talk about the top/best/worst/largest/greatest/nicest/etc of stuff for each state. I often reference these for ideas on what unique aspects to check out for my adventures. I thought I'd start sharing them with you on here! Just click the "50 State Lists" topic over there on the right (or where ever it ends up once I upgrade my site to something people in 2015 actually like to look at) and check them out!

Out first 50 State List discusses the food preferences of each state based on Yelp reviews. Now, admittedly that's automatically a little biased, because only a certain type of person even uses Yelp to begin with, but as it has cheesesteaks as the top food in PA (the state of my birth and current residence), it kinda makes sense, I mean, with Philly being IN the state and all. Of course you'd expect lots of seafood in New England, and beef in America's heartland (in the form of steaks or burgers). But there are a ton of random ethnic foods categories scattered across the country as well, such as Peruvian food in the Mid-Atlantic, and Hawaiian food in land-locked Utah. I'd be interested to learn what this means about the people in our country- I think it shows we are a lot more diverse than we may care to admit-- and I don't think that's a bad thing! This has probably been my favorite part of my blog- yes getting to travel and see new places- but learning how our differences are much less significant than we'd otherwise believe and seeing how interconnected we really are!

Okay, enough with my "world peace" speech, here's the link...enjoy!

Here Is The Most Disproportionately Popular Cuisine In Each State




PS, you can read about all my food adventures here!