Friday, September 28, 2012

Stupid Stamps!

Remember I ordered up these nifty postcards to send to all the locations I'd visited during my journey? Well, I went to the post office the other day to buy more postcard stamps as I was about to run out... and learned that in January the cost of mailing a post card went up! All this time I'd been mailing post cards- and not knowing I wasn't paying enough postage! And I've gone quite a few places this year, I feel so terrible about this! One of my Twitter followers (follow me! @50states5years) told me that they may have still been delivered but that there would be postage due once the places I'd gone to collected their mail, if that was the case. In reality, I know that means none of my 2012 cards sent were received, and this saddens me a little bit. Well, at least now I know.

In the meantime, I'm busy planning the next twelve months, and I have to say it's actually a bit overwhelming to try and cover each state by August 31, 2016 but I'm determined to get it done! I will get to Ohio and the Florida panhandle by the end of this calendar year, and will try to squeeze in West Virginia if the winter doesn't get too crazy too soon. 2013 already promises trips to Georgia, Illinois, and Massachusetts and a sincere effort to make a trip to Alaska with my godmother at some point as well.

Hope all is well, and I'll be back soon!