Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Virginia - Part II (Richmond)

Founded in 1737, Richmond didn't become the capital of Virginia until 1780. It later would become the capital of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. Today, over a million people live in the city and surrounding areas, making it the third largest populated area in the commonwealth. I spent a full day in the city, having gone from DC to Richmond via the Megabus. It was a 2 hour trip, and I only paid $4.50 round trip- so I was pleased! I decided I wanted to visit Richmond because everything I heard about the city sounded romantic and uber-historic. I wanted to try something new for this excursion, so I made a video going into details about where I went an my experiences an opinions of what I saw. It's very rough so please don't make fun of me TOO badly :) Hopefully over time I will polish these up a bit, but I at least wanted to see how this would work.












Sites I visited (but you have to watch the video for details!) :

The Museum and White House of the Confederacy
The Maggie L. Walker House and Historic Site
The Jefferson Hotel
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Bygones Vintage Clothing
Galaxy Diner


Please feel free to check out my Facebook page an look at the photos from this and all of my adventures, follow me on Twitter, and leave comments on the blog (subscribe!) or you can email me as well!

Thank you for following me on my journey!