Friday, August 26, 2011

Update: Washington, DC

I want to apologize to all of my readers and anyone who has been anxiously awaiting the second installment of my exploration of Washington, DC!

My best friend came to visit me the weekend of August 20th, but traffic to and from this area from New Jersey (where she lives when not working in Manhattan) was apparently horrendous, so our plans to explore DC together were almost completely nixed. Then between work, an earthquake, and a pending hurricane I haven't been in much of a tourist mood!

I do promise that I am planning some great adventures in DC, Virginia, and Pennsylvania within the next two months that I can't wait to share with you all. So many people I've talked to about this personal goal have been encouraging and supportive that it is inspiring! I've even had people email me lists of fun things to do in different states, and had a few friends say they'd be willing to join me on this adventure. (Funny, everyone always says Wyoming when they mention states they aren't interested in traveling to...I have to say that their tourism web page made them seem like lots of fun, and a co-worker said the state is beautiful!)

So, stay tuned compadres! I know it's a little slow at the moment, but I'm sure once my momentum kicks in things will be great!